Jan Lacina, Texas Christian University
technology in the classroom
Also available online at the link here.
This easy to read article mentions a few practical ideas and example of ESL (ELL) language programs in a number of schools in the United States. Examples range from elementary to post-secondary programs, and there is a bit for everyone, in terms of positive effects that using IPods in schools can have in a variety of educational settings. A few are mentioned below. In addition the article gives practical links to tutorials and ideas around uses of IPods, which are also worth considering.
- added opportunities to listen to audio and visual content at one's own time
- improved motivation and interest in content topics
- improved access to digital storage
- greater students' engagement and interest
- writing skills improve
- seamless integration of classroom activities from in-class into homework
- encourage students to listen on the go